Photos of the buildings old and new in and around Rhigos

   The Post Office

A Joseph Lendon Berry photo of the Post Office around the 1900's
By kind permission of Rhondda Cynon Taf Libraries

             
Rhigos Post Office in the early 1960's.and in the year 2000 just before demolition
 
(Contributed by Ken Grindle)

The Co-op building

       
The old Co-op building. This must be around the 1950's.The building is the Rhigos community centre today
Old photo by kind permission of Rhondda Cynon Taf Libraries
 
The chapels

      
The Bethel chapel and the Calfaria chapel which has now gone
Calfaria photo by John White reproduced
by kind permission of Rhondda Cynon Taf Libraries


The Don Cafe 
      
The old Don Cafe photo contributed by David Bedford who lived there from 1951- 1959

The New Inn   
    

     

The New Inn pub and restaurant vastly improved over the years

The Plough, a typical village pub
     

The local shop and post office

The Rhigos rugby football club The community sports hall

    

Old photo of part of Gwrangon farm and some pigeon sheds at Cwm Hwnt
         

Glynneath miners welfare hall and the rugby club
         

Some of the schools we would have gone to
Ynyslwd and Gadlys

         


        
This hut on the way up the mountain is a bit of a mystery some say a workmans hut to get the boulders off the road, some a shepherd's
rest when working on the mountain
 
The other photo is the concrete bus shelter around the village


 
Three photos from Idris Jones his old homestead and houses on the old tram road.

Rhigos Memories